Saturday, November 18, 2006

One a Day Plus

November 18th

Album - Deftones - "Saturday Night Wrist" In a perfect world Deftones discography would read Adrenaline, Deftones, Around the Fur, Saturday Night Wrist and then White Pony. This seems like a backhanded compliment but no band has ever topped themselves easily. Brian Wilson never made another Pet Sounds, REM has never made another Murmur but come close with ATFP and here Deftones have just missed eclipsing their masterwork White Pony. However, they've still made a stunning album in spite of Pink Cellphone. Anyone that's heard things from them that they liked should definitely check out the tracks Cherry Waves, Kimdracula, Combat, Mein and Xerxes.

Song - Rodney O and Joe Cooley - "Everlasting Bass" Despite my best efforts rap music is creeping into my kids psyche. Therefore, I'm reaching back into my foggy memories of skating rinks and mini trucks to recall all the great jams my friend Chris and I use to rock. There's many to choose from and I'm sure some of them will make their way here so I won't reveal them all. This may very well be my favorite rap party jam of all time.

No comments: